Monterey to San Francisco

Monterey is a cute place to stay, but weather conditions were ideal for a Saturday through Sunday departure. This time, hopefully, the forecast would be a little more accurate. To meet favorable current in San Francisco, I had to leave, so after coffee and a French croissant on Saturday morning, I left just a few minutes before. I didn't fill any of my tanks as this was the last leg, and I was in sprint mode.

With little seas and a light boat, I had a good start and immediately set a pace at 6 knots. In the beginning I motorsailed, but eventually the wind died as predicted and I took the sails down and powered on with my trusty Yanmar. This leg went exactly as planned, and by 3 am I passed under the Golden Gate Bridge and a few hours later made it to Westpoint Harbor Marina, our new home.



Location:San Francisco, CA, United States